Today my Office lead by my Deputy Polycarp Igathe carrried out a physical inspection tour of 9 projects in different subcounties that will play a key role in reducing traffic in Nairobi. The projects comprise of:
1. Expansion of Murang’a Road Bus Terminus in Starehe – Ngara Ward (Fig Tree).
2. Rehabilitation of Desai Road Service Parking (Ngara)
3. Construction of Public Transport Facilities along Park Road; This will help reduce traffic congestion in the CBD since it will become a bus stage for all Matatus from village.
4. Construction of Public Transport Facility at Pangani Shopping Centre.
5. Rehabilitation of Upendo Road.
6. Completion of Mathare-Mabatini Motorable Bridge and Approaches; This particular project is set to greatly reduce the traffic in Juja Road.
7 .Construction of Mwiki-Githurai Motarable Bridge and Approaches in Kasarani.
8. Construction of Access Road to HACCO Industries.
9. Inspection of Access Road to Maji Mazuri.